Hello there. Still there? Amazing. Sorry I haven’t written for uhm… six months or so? A while, anyway. So what have you been up to?
Me, not much worth reporting. Let me share some examples of pointless pursuits that have filled my time.
1. Doing nothing: This actually is one of my favourite things to do with my precious spare time. It is the most luxuriant feeling not to have to do anything. I have rested my brain.
2. Looking for a nicer job: I found jobs, and jobs found me, and none convinced me they would improve my work life. Total waste of time. My job is not so bad after all.
3. Laptop cursing: Ever since the cleaner dropped my laptop it has refused to show what is going on inside its hidden depths from time to time. Only not when I sent it in to be diagnosed by the insurance company, it behaved beautifully there. Only to return and grin me in the face. Nobody tell me it doesn’t have a conscious mind! What I haven’t told it yet is that it is now on a sure path to replacement. With a reliable, un-moody companion.
4. Cleaning: The cleaner had to go. So I’ve been doing my own cleaning for a while. I can’t think of anything more pointless, and yet unavoidable, as cleaning. Your clean, shiny surfaces start to regress before you’ve even turned your back.
5. Wondering what my life would be like if I had never married my first husband: I did marry him, and there is nothing that can change that. What is interesting though is imagining what my children would be like if I’d had them with husband. It’s an impossible challenge: they would be completely different people, which I simply cannot picture.
6. Marveling at the amount of rubbish my neighbours put out every week. How does a 3-people household manage to produce that much waste? And why does that even intrigue me?
7. Watched pointless movies. Which ones? I can’t remember.
Time for a fresh start!